Alexandar Eschweiler is a name familiar to most anyone with an interest in architecture in S.E. Wisconsin. His work includes the Wisconsin Power and Light Building in downtown Milwaukee.
Charles S. Whitney may not be as recognizable a name to architectural historians in Milwaukee. Whitney came to Milwaukee in 1919 after receiving his Civil Engineering degree from Cornell University. He worked for Eschweiler as an engineer until 1923, when Eschweiler brought his three sons into his practice. Whitney moved to New York and became a partner in Ammann and Whitney, an engineering and design firm that became world famous and is known for designing the Walt Whitman Bridge and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge in New York.
Whitney designed the West 6th Street Bridge in Racine in 1928. The bridge is notable for its Terra Cotta bas relief panels. The Neptune styled faces on the side of the bridge provide outlets for storm water collecting on the deck of the bridge.